Pinky and the brain

Now spring is in the air and i can really feel how it affects me psychologically. I feel it in this thing in my head helping to contain my body. The brain. The brain would always be an intriguing phenomenon to me. All brains. Under-developed. Over-developed (in one’s own eyes). Non-used brains. Over-used brains. I like to keep it simple when learning about this large mass in my skull. So here are a few cool random facts about what you have in your head...


• When you sleep, you’re virtually paralyzed because your brain creates a hormone to prevent you from acting out your dreams.
• About 12% of people dream in black and white.
• It’s not true that humans only use 10% of their brains; each part of the brain has a purpose.
Think positive because when you do, you’ll keep the doctor away: Studies show that 50-70% of visits to the doctor for physical ailments can be traced to psychological reasons.
Eat well, and it’ll have positive effects on your brain, because a study of one million New York students showed that those who ate lunches without additives such as artificial flavours, preservatives and dyes performed 14% better in IQ tests
• More electrical impulses are generated in one day by a single human brain than by all the telephones in the world.

• Results from cognitive tests show 30% of 80-year-olds perform as well as young adults.
Cool thing we carry around with us each day. Now go outside and tan a bit. Some virtual pervation(my own word) pictures that make me happy.
Peace//

Arrivederci//

Comments

  1. Great pictures! Such a pretty blog, now following!!

    btw i love those tattoos!

    www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Image

us