fragile human

What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of [earthborn] man that You care for him?Yet You have made him but a little lower than God [or heavenly beings], and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet psalm 8:4-6
I think there is such a great danger in having our thoughts wrapped around ourselves. Regarding ourselves than more than we are. Not to sound cynical, but the reality of the matter is we are but a breath… a vapor…still the Lord regarded us as worthy creations to die for us…knowing how fragile our lives are.
If I would be in control of things… having eternity in my hands, I guess I would leave this creation that lives only about 80 years and in that time of 80 years, chooses to abandon, reject and disregard me.
Nahh I would pretty much leave the whole bunch and not send my precious Son to become bound in a thing called TIME …and have to suffer and die. No definitely not … I would just leave creation and put an end to it.
Oh but how wondrous the Lord Jesus! He regarded the futile thing called mankind as worthy to pursue in TIME . How immense is His love to trail us down in love.
It just emerged to me in a fresh way this morning that I am so guilty of wrapping my thoughts around myself. Thank you Lord that I can give that to you...all my daily and momentary self-centered contemplations… Regard myself as nothing… and You in me as everything.

Comments

Popular Posts

Image

us